What type of fly is this?

Nanchantress

I thought these were fruit flies or phorid flies, but when I compare them to pictures on google they don't look like either one. They are in with my E.javanicas and seem to be bothering them because the javanicas shake their legs when the flies get too close. Can anyone identify for me?

Those look like a parasitic wasp moreso than a fly. They may have hatched out of one of their ootheca. I'd squash them just in case. I'd let someone more knowledgeable give a positive ID though, I'm just saying what I "think" they look like.

After looking at those pictures, I will agree they are fungus gnats, ADeczynski. Thank you! I sure like the sound of that more than parasitic wasps - yikes! :blink:

Stupid little Sciarid flies are all over my Lucihormetica bucket! I wouldn't mind so much if mantises and spiders would eat them, but I haven't had much success using them as feeders.

I read that if I let my substrate dry out and then use a dish of water crystals for hydration instead I should have less of a problem with the gnats. Thanks everyone for your comments :D