Bugfest 2012 Canfield, Ohio TODAY 12-4

Allpet Roaches

Bugfest 2012 Canfield, Ohio TODAY 12-4

This is a huge event that goes on every other year. Cockroaches and other insects, tarantulas and other arachnids, live and dead on display. Also some great activities for kids. Free.

7574 Columbiana-Canfield Road

Canfield, OH 44406

This is 15 minutes from me!! Do you know if it's just a kid thing, or can "big kids" get in on the fun, too? :lol: Depending on how the day goes (and if the rain clears up) we'll see if we can stop. :) Thanks!

It was really something else! Reminded me of the time the Poland library hosted a "bug guy" during their summer program when I was still in elementary school. That program was what got me started in my love for bugs and cemented the idea of having hissing cockroaches and (maybe someday because of the cost) Giant African Millipedes. I really hope the same happens with all the kids that where there yesterday! I wish we had more programs like it in the area to show the kids from the other local communities how awesome insects and arachnids are. There isn't much support for the natural sciences in this area, and bugs are something that can grab a kid at any age and inspire them to change their thinking - be it not to kill things just because they don't understand them, or to pursue a line of study they would have never thought of otherwise.

I do think my husband was a bit overwhelmed by it all. :lol: He's extremely supportive, but I don't think he really gets it.

It was also a pleasure meeting you. :) I may be a novice still, but it's so much fun to be able to talk to other enthusiasts. The only outlet I have to "geek out" about my hobby is online! It was nice to actually be able to talk to someone for a change. Thank you for that!