water crystals? / whole or baby carrots

chris

ive debated for long time over two things

1.whether water crystals kill roaches or its just a fluke with my colonies everytime i supply water crystals i swear i see deaths in the bins ?

2. whole or baby carrots? does it really matter because these damn baby carrots dont last and there very expensive when you have the dubia ammounts i do

i never had any trouble with water crystals, not anymore but more on that in a sec.

the bags of tiny carrots marketed as "baby carrots" are actually larger carrots cut down to that size. there is no nutritional difference.

i hate the baby carrots because they dehydrate faster and are more expensive like u said.

i now primarily use potatoes since they are mold resistant. the roaches won't eat the skin so u have to cut them in half or cut holes.

i wonder what the nutritional value is for potato vs carrots i dont like to use filler i think my one colony is suffering from lack of nutrition the adults are lagging horribly i think they went through a cold shock i just got the flex watt tape mounted up lastnight hopefully they snap back into it

If its for dubia none are really that good.

Favorite dubia foods are: fresh oranges, dog/cat kibble, bananas, apples, white bread (misted with water), iguana fruit pellets, romaine lettuce, and as a treat cooked hamburger meat. Mine also enjoy orange/ banana or turkey baby food in a shallow dish.

I mist my colony lightly with a spray bottle and they drink the water droplets, the fresh fruit and veggie also provide extra liquids.

i underestimated my dubia colonies i just bought 25 lbs. of dubia from another hobbyist i swear like 25% of my costco run just went into my colonies :o so much for it lasting a month !

i wonder what the nutritional value is for potato vs carrots i dont like to use filler i think my one colony is suffering from lack of nutrition the adults are lagging horribly i think they went through a cold shock i just got the flex watt tape mounted up lastnight hopefully they snap back into it

The potatoes have much higher nutritional value than carrots but both must be used as some 'drink'.

For feeding use dry high protein food (dog,cat or fish food).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i know the potassium is much higher in the potato but what else sets the potato apart ?

There are many minerals,polysaccharide and small amount of amino acids in very good ratio.

(In the carrots is beta caroten only.)