Cockroach color morphs

Raphael1047

Hello, I was told that this was the place to go to get some answers from several roach experts. Anyway i posted thread on the chameleon forums a few days ago and got lots of opinions on what thery actually are. I got mostly cuban brown burrowing roach opinions, but also hybrids. Here is a link to that: http://www.chameleonforums.com/true-dubia-color-morph-96021/ The guy i bought him from only sells dubias and also said he has some morphs in his colonies although i think mine are a more noticeable difference when it comes to color. I was wondering is this rare to see color changes like this? Also do you have any color morphs in your colonies. Here are some pictures.

DSCF3013.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

I got them at dubideli.com , so i a really sure they are dubias. Also i have regular dubias just a few are light brown. Thanks for your opinion though!

I think Zander may have been joking since your photos look nothing like Blaberus. That's a very nice looking male Blaptica with a hypomelanistic coloration (if it didn't molt recently) that should be bred for.

I think Zander may have been joking since your photos look nothing like Blaberus. That's a very nice looking male Blaptica with a hypomelanistic coloration (if it didn't molt recently) that should be bred for.

The male shown has not molted recently and I am breeding them for that color. The females don't really show the coloration, but i am seeing more and more of these colors in my colonies. The nymphs are changing colors too.

• 2 weeks later...