"Furniture" for my new Vivarium

kmsgameboy

This is a skull I just made for my Vivarium. It took a lot of work but I liKe the idea behind it! Once I'm done with my Vivarium this boy Is going front and center where it will make a wonderful hiding spot for my little roaches to call home but it also makes a fun toung and cheek

Statement...THE HUNTER IS NO LONGER THE HUNTER!

So what do you all think?

post-2808-0-41164700-1354907971_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much! I don't have it in front of me but I would say its probably about 3x1.5in. I made it from clay and several layers of paints and stain. I have made lots of things from clay before but this was my first skull. It started out as a lizard skull that i modeled off of some images of bearded dragon skulls that I found on google, however it kind of took on a life of its own. (No pun intended) I also made some cool shrooms that closely mimic bioluminescent mushrooms...glow and all.

Yeah I would like to do a larger one sometime. The photo doesn't do it justice at all. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The clay I worked with was pretty difficult to mold so I kept things small. If you are interested I would gladly make you one. I could use the practice and you can watch roaches crawl through the orbits in person. LOL