Need pictures of Parcoblatta species

Here are the strange ones. Maybe P. fulvescens. The male that looked like Pseudomops I think was one of these Parcoblatta because I do not see it anymore and there are only light orange males (he was ready to molt when I last saw him). I do have a male that has two dots like P. uhleriana but is more narrow and looks like the ones with four dots. I showed you a picture of a P. uhleriana with another Parcoblatta that I said had four dots remember?

5481912_orig.jpg

This is the strange female that I took a picture and put it on this topic. Do you remember? She might be the same species as the other ones that have bigger wings. I wonder if she is a hybrid of P. uhleriana and P. fulvescens. lol

6606999_orig.jpg

9589199_orig.jpg

Different female. More like P. fulvescens.

2130497_orig.jpg

9969107_orig.jpg

I guess they are all in the same species just a little variation from less food or whatever.

1505233_orig.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I kept them all together in one small container. There are many P. uhleriana males so they are likely mated by different males and even many times I guess.

Edited by happy1892

Can you ID this male? It seems like most of the light orange males are these with the four spots like your P. lata males. I only found one light orange male (the darker orange ones are P. uhleriana) that had two spots like the P. uhleriana but all the others I looked at had the four dots and were wider and smaller. I did not look at many, maybe just five or six because I am scared I will hurt them but I am getting better.

TRKQWR3KWRQQ3RP0CR7QZ0SQ000QL060YR0QDRE0K0QQYRKQZ0P0CRKQJRU0DR603RW0DRSQ3R60L0.jpg

I have not found any other kind of females than I showed in these pictures. That male I took a picture of I found dead on our porch this morning and I found a P. uhleriana like one last night. I will see how many of the four spotted ones there are. I have read that both sexes of P. caudelli look similar and that they are yellow.

I think the four spotted ones and the P. fulvescens like females are the same species. As nymphs both of the sexes looked similar. Those spots might be hairs. I cannot really see well. Maybe more light tomorrow will help to see. I must have imagined the one that was big like a P. uhleriana but light orange and more narrow than the four spotted males and it had two spots. I do not see any like that right now except one that is dark orange and it is a little smaller than I thought. I think it is the same one. There is a possibility that it escaped but that is unlikely.

Male that molted today.

6393788_orig.jpg

8946626_orig.jpg

Cariblatta I found this link from one of your pictures on Bugguide.net.

http://www.aaes.auburn.edu/comm/pubs/bulletins/bull404/FamilyBlattidae-Cockroaches.pdf

Is it right that the sexes are similar in appearance or is that a mistake (the Parcoblatta caudelli part)? And it said that it was brownish yellow. I had some P. virginica males die and they turn yellow.

Cariblatta I found this link from one of your pictures on Bugguide.net.

http://www.aaes.aubu...Cockroaches.pdf

Is it right that the sexes are similar in appearance or is that a mistake (the Parcoblatta caudelli part)? And it said that it was brownish yellow. I had some P. virginica males die and they turn yellow.

I think the "sexes are similar in appearance" isn't really a good description as females of this species is known to have short wings like other Parcoblattas.

There are only two species of Parcoblattas in your state that has four modified structures on the segments. P. caudelli is one of them and P. lata is the other one. As you know, I have P. lata at my house and they look different from the specimen pictured there so I'm strongly lenient on your specimen being P. caudelli :)

Oh wait, there are also P. pennsylvanica in your area, which has four modified structures on their segments but these guys can be easily distinguished from other species by the loook except P. divisa.

I was told by a person on Bugguide that the females of P. caudelli have full wings and are able to fly.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/776153

Wow! I didn't know that females of P. caudelli could fly!

I found a male Parcoblatta the other night that appears to be P. caudelli. It's very pale yellow in color and has 4 modified structures on the segments. Will post pics later :)

http://bugguide.net/node/view/488579

Oh man I'm jealous, I love native roaches. All I've ever found around my house is P. pennsylvanica and virginica. Those small orange males are almost certainly P. virginica, if you have access to a magnifier or microscope grab a male and toss it in the freezer for ten minutes. It won't kill it but will slow it down. Use blue painters tape or junk grade masking tape that isn't all that sticky and tape it's wings open. Look for the structures under the wing like my images on bugguide. It took me a few tries but I got some of okay images.

Wow. Thank you for the link! Interesting female I caught around two weeks ago while I was walking on our sidewalks during the night when it was maybe around 65 degrees temperature. She is kind of big. She used to have a little more orange on her abdomen when I first got here. From the pictures she might look like a P. lata but here wings are like the other normal ones (some have smaller wings). There is one normal P. uhleriana in there. I think the male that looked like a Pseudomops escaped and was a Pseudomops because it looks so different from the Parcoblatta. I just read that Pseudomops fly like flies do so it could have easily flew out while I was not looking. It was rather big though, bigger than the Parcoblatta sub-adult males.

5845985_orig.jpg

8132119_orig.jpg