Black germans

Cariblatta

• 5 weeks later...

The most adventurous I get with my cultures are my Surinam's which 3 weeks ago I dropped one into my 150 gallon frog terrarium and it quickly disappeared under the substrate. I'm still irritated about that because I know eventually when it starts reproducing I'm going to have to scrap my setup and start again.

Such beautiful specimens ,now I regret throwing away my blattella germanica :( do they have pacific care requirements like humidity level and other such important factors. maybe I should smuggle some into the balcony of my care takers apartment where I live ;)

The most adventurous I get with my cultures are my Surinam's which 3 weeks ago I dropped one into my 150 gallon frog terrarium and it quickly disappeared under the substrate. I'm still irritated about that because I know eventually when it starts reproducing I'm going to have to scrap my setup and start again.

Pull all the frogs for a few hours and use dry ice (CO2) to nuke the tank. The plants are fine with it but everything else alive suffocates. No need to start to from scratch. ;) Just put a big fan on the tank after about an hour to get fresh air back in.

• Like 1

Pull all the frogs for a few hours and use dry ice (CO2) to nuke the tank. The plants are fine with it but everything else alive suffocates. No need to start to from scratch. ;) Just put a big fan on the tank after about an hour to get fresh air back in.

Great idea! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Such beautiful specimens ,now I regret throwing away my blattella germanica :( do they have pacific care requirements like humidity level and other such important factors. maybe I should smuggle some into the balcony of my care takers apartment where I live ;)

Be careful when you are bringing them into the apartment. I had some of mine escape in my house and they seem to be establishing themselves in here. lol

Seeing that I'm an exterminator this puts me in a perplexing situation. I kill Germans all day long but they are incredibly fascinating to me. The dark morphs are pretty cool, not gonna lie, I may want some of those some day. Lol. Seriously though, don't wish for a infestation of these guys... Because well.... They will happily oblige you. Lol

Seeing that I'm an exterminator this puts me in a perplexing situation. I kill Germans all day long but they are incredibly fascinating to me. The dark morphs are pretty cool, not gonna lie, I may want some of those some day. Lol. Seriously though, don't wish for a infestation of these guys... Because well.... They will happily oblige you. Lol

Once my colony becomes big, I'll start selling some so you might be able to get them one day :)

TBH I want these guys to infest my house so I can get tons of black germans. lol