Sign in to follow this  
platymeris

Panchlora sp vs nivea

Hi, how long does each species take to mature (am guessing the sp takes slightly longer)? And are there any specific differences with regard to their care/breeding? Would appreciate any information. Thanks!

Well Panchlora sp. stands for Panchlora species, so are you asking if the P. nivea species matures faster than any other species from the Panchlora genus?

Sorry silly mistake, I forgot to add 'giant'! Do Panchlora sp. 'giant' and Panchlora nivea differ much in their maturation and breeding time? There are some threads on lifespan etc, but can't seem to find much information otherwise.

Both of them live 6 months from what I have gathered. I would say that they probably take a few months (3-4) to reach maturity. However, heat and food availability can speed up growth. I keep a huge amount of dry food in my hisser enclosure, and a few of them have reached maturity in 2 months. I would get Panchlora nivea if I were picking between the two species. Panchlora nivea is a lot cheaper than than the other. Hope this helps some :)

The age depends to conditions especially temperature.

lower temperature= longer growing and longer age :)