Introducing WC to CB roly polys?

Hisserdude

Hi, I wrote on another forum, (Beetle forum), about my roly polys excessively dying off. They have stopped now, but there are so few left, and no young have been produced yet. I don't know if they can bounce back to a healthy colony, so I was wondering if I should bring in some WC roly polys to help bring the colony back. Would it be good to bring WC specimens in my CB colony or is the danger of them bringing disease into the colony not worth the risk? Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Yes, there is a chance of bringing in parasites, but Isopods, especially A. vulgare, are quite hardy and, besides, you could always just start an entirely wc colony if something happens. All CB colonies had to start WC at one point anyway.

• 4 months later...

May I ask what you will use them for ? I had put some roly poly in my roach bins thinking they would eat poop and roach shed skins .... but all they eat is egg crates and multiply faster than guppies .. for me, they are kindof pointless...

• 1 year later...

May I ask what you will use them for ? I had put some roly poly in my roach bins thinking they would eat poop and roach shed skins .... but all they eat is egg crates and multiply faster than guppies .. for me, they are kindof pointless...

Do you have substrate? if you do, change the eggcrates to corkbark it will last longer.