Aeluropoda insignis size

They are smaller than Gromphadorhina and Princisia, but bigger than Elliptorhina chopardi... Maybe about the size of Elliptorhina javanica. Some are smaller, some bigger, but I think you get a good idea comparing like this.

A huge male can happen but it's not very common. This year, I've had one big male in both of my colonies (first one in the classical colony, second one in a colony from a more recent import, a little darker). Those big males can reach the size of a normal Gromphadorhina male.

I'm raising a lone female and I've never seen one in person until I got the tiny nymph. She doesn't look like female color wise but width is the size of adult female dubia, could it be possible she has one more molt? I read they get flat shape prior to last molt, her previous nymph stage she was not flat.

http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4452

check on the topic, they are quiet small on my hand ;)

on the forst and second page of this topic, you can see huge males:

http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4844&st=0

All your females have yellow or red coloring on edges of thorax, mine is pure black there, so it might be possible she isn't done growing and will be larger than average.

Here ya go!

Adult females: E. javanica, G. oblongonota, A. insignis, Dubia.

(Edited to add - nearly sure they're all adults. They're among the largest females in their respective tanks.)

femalecomparison.jpg

Here ya go!

Adult females: E. javanica, G. oblongonota, A. insignis, Dubia.

(Edited to add - nearly sure they're all adults. They're among the largest females in their respective tanks.)

femalecomparison.jpg

My female is slightly smaller than yours, so mine might be subadult I'll post photo later.

• 1 month later...

Here is mine

She shed again! Normally I see white stripes before shedding, I saw none and I woke up to my surprise she had shed! She is still gaining color so I'm curious what she will look like!

• 3 months later...