Domino Roach

Bamboo

Just received 36 adult Domino Roaches and would like to display these somewhat hard to find roaches .. anyone have experience with these? and I'd love to see enclosure pictures to get an idea ....

I'm thinking a 10 gallon with leaves , rotting wood and maybe a pothos ivy ....

Lots of loose loamy substrate. I'm overloaded with nymphs this year and even though there is about 7 inches of cocofiber/peat moss in their 10 gallon, there were gobs of them all stacked together because there wasn't enough room for them all! I started with I think 6 of them 2 years ago, so they will breed quickly given the right conditions, and mine tend to mature in a big group during the summer. (I have more nymphs from them than from any other species I keep besides the dubia.) I also highly recommend dried maple leaves as the nymphs will chow through them at an alarming rate when given the chance, but I've run into issues with the leaves molding if mixed into the substrate so I just sprinkle them on top.

Around 75 in winter with supplemental heating, sometimes colder if it gets really bitter outside. 80 to 90 in the summer with the window wide open, and that also gives them a natural drop in temps at night.

Great info wodesorel :)

I also have a big colony and it is good to know they do not die off when in the low 90s. I always keep mine at 75. Can you let use know what your substrate moisture is like? I also have about 8 inches of coir but I only keep the last 2 inches of the substrate moist and leave the rest very dry. Thanks in advance for your feedback.