Euthlastoblatta gemma

The female in the picture passed away without dropping any oothe for me, and the nymphs that I've been saving for my friend turned out to be a gray color form of Latiblattella rehni! Unfortunately, both turned out to be males so I was giving up on breeding them.....until I found an adult female plus 3 nymphs while I was in northern FL for family vacation! I'm really hoping to be able to breed these :)

That's cool, always nice to find different color forms! I hope you are successful in breeding both the E.gemma and the L.rehni, it would be really cool to isolate that color form! :)

That's cool, always nice to find different color forms! I hope you are successful in breeding both the E.gemma and the L.rehni, it would be really cool to isolate that color form! :)

Thank you :) The color form itself is already isolated (I actually believe that yellow form of this species is a new species due to the significant difference in subgenital plate between females of the two color forms).

• 5 months later...

I kept a couple for breeding. They are WC by the way

Maybe in the future :P

Cool, hope yours breed for you! :) Yeah, I know they're WC, they still seem to be doing well, considering you were unable to get the last female you had to lay any oothecae.

Cool, hope yours breed for you! :) Yeah, I know they're WC, they still seem to be doing well, considering you were unable to get the last female you had to lay any oothecae.

Thanks. I think the last female I had was infected with entomophagous fungi that was different strain from the ones that were affecting my other Ectobiid colony (was probably infected in the wild).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Some pics of the nymphs. Turns out this species is easy to raise

19060062_1637169189678523_84233816385919

19113967_1637169149678527_3866915358078119224880_1637169156345193_47470463791820

So really the only difficult part is getting the ooths to hatch?