Keeping and breeding Germans

RomanBuck

Hello I may be getting some German roaches from Kyle (along with others) and was wondering how others kept their colonies. I dont/cant afford to have any escapees so they are going in a completely sealed container. I am thinking about on of those gasket sealed sterilite containers.

Any comments?

I am thinking about the black variety but I always want to get as many as I can for cheap. I will ask him about doing a deal or something.

Knowing its the german roaches I am not to worried about the care side of things, I am more worried about having them contained and not getting out.

I'm breeding German cockroaches for my lab. Don't keep them at home, that is my suggestion :) If you have escapes at home don't be panic through, just keep your house very clean and apply cockroach bait properly.

I am thinking of getting boric acid to put around the container LOL

To answer your question Aphaenogaster, I am keeping them to do future studies and to just learn more about things I dont already know. Also to threaten people with XD I am kidding on that part... Maybe...