Dorylaea orini

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

My original colony is infected with entomophagous fungi so I had to get a new stock. Hoping the new ones I got will do well for me. Nymphs can climb just like Periplaneta

That sucks, just lost all of my Parcoblatta bolliana save one female to the fungus, hopefully she'll pull through. Hope your next bunch does well! :) And thanks, I kinda figured they could climb.

That sucks, just lost all of my Parcoblatta bolliana save one female to the fungus, hopefully she'll pull through. Hope your next bunch does well! :) And thanks, I kinda figured they could climb.

Sounds like you are getting hit really hard by those fungi just like me. Perhaps you've accidentally introduced the fungi through a contaminated substrate or food? In my case a peat moss I bought and used for most of my roaches had entomophagous fungi (I'm guessing it's for natural pest control) so all the roaches I kept on that peat moss got infected. Hope your other roaches don't get affected by the fungi.

These roaches were WC, and some of them apparently had the fungi in them already when I got them. C.lutea, P.bolliana and the unknown Parcoblatta are the only species that ever had it, and I thought it was under control, until now. No other roaches have been turning up dead or infected, so I'm hoping those species are the only ones that are infected. Fingers crossed it doesn't spread!

These roaches were WC, and some of them apparently had the fungi in them already when I got them. C.lutea, P.bolliana and the unknown Parcoblatta are the only species that ever had it, and I thought it was under control, until now. No other roaches have been turning up dead or infected, so I'm hoping those species are the only ones that are infected. Fingers crossed it doesn't spread!

Ah...I see. In that case you probably won't have problems with your CB colonies as long as you don't reuse what was in the affected colony.

Ah...I see. In that case you probably won't have problems with your CB colonies as long as you don't reuse what was in the affected colony.

Haha nope, substrate has been removed and the cages have been cleaned out with soap, I will definitely not be reusing any infected substrate or decor. Hopefully this thing stops here.

Haha nope, substrate has been removed and the cages have been cleaned out with soap, I will definitely not be reusing any infected substrate or decor. Hopefully this thing stops here.

To play it safe, I might actually recommend using a little bit of bleach to clean out the enclosures and then rinsing them out several times with water. Soap will probably be enough, but fungi can be extremely tough and bleach is one of the harshest substances you can (easily) get a hold of to use for cleaning.