Milchap Bizarsky Morgado the Figeater Beetle

Inkie14

At exactly 6:31 PM, I and my friend Laura's lives were changed forever. For that was the fateful hour when Milchap Bizarsky Morgado entered our lives. May he grow strong and achieve his little wormy dreams.

laugh.gif LOL. Milchap is an immature Figeater Beetle (Cotinis mutabilis). To the left is his mansion, and the picture in the middle is what he'll look like when he grows up.

Milchap.jpg

My friend found him on the ground. I know that in the wild, they pupate in the Spring and emerge as adult in Summer, then live a few months as adults. I'm not sure if it will speed up its growth when kept indoors where there is more light and higher temperatures. In Summer, we get swarms of these guys because I have a fig tree in my backyard and the adults feed on figs. I've always wanted to learn how to breed these beautiful beetles, so raising this guy will hopefully help me learn how to do that.

This reminds me of the time when I found a beetle larvae out in my yard. I kept it for many months until it finally pupated. I thought that it was a elephant stag beetle larvae, but when it finally emerged as an adult, it turned out to be a little may beetle (Phyllophaga). I was a little disappointed <_<