Sign in to follow this  
Hisserdude

Can you....?

Can you start a colony of Therea sp with 4 to 5 individuals? Thanks in advance! :)

You can but it's going to take a bit of time and effort... I started with 4 individuals and I recently traded for more... I would at least TRY to start with 10... Better breeding chances with that many.

Alright, thanks! I'm okay with a little bit of effort, I've bred a few species of rove beetles now, and that is not exactly easy, lol!

Yeah, I have never bred the rhino beetles with the big "grublike" larva. I only keep darklings and predatory beetles. You should try keeping darkling beetles, they are really easy and fun!

I've kept and bred superworms and mealworms on a large scale (at minimum of 100,000 mealworms and 10,000 superworms!). I don't have a problem with those beetle grubs but when they get bigger like dynasty sp. it's too far for me

^oh dear :D

Lol! I actually think it looks cute! :lol:

O my, that's rather large. Looks like it would crawl out of the container and borrow into someone's ear but of course that could never happen :P could it :l

Bugsincyberspace has some neat darkling beetles. And roly polys are isopods, not even closely related to beetles, lol! ;)

Yeah, isopods are crustaceans (not insects), meaning that they are much more closely related to lobsters than they are to beetles.