Macro Leopard Gecko Photos

lecole4

:) I've been playing around with a new lens. Got some nice photos of my leopard gecko, Kirk! Would be excited to see photos of your geckos as well, if you have any to share.

kirkeye1.png

kirkfoot1.png

kirktail1.png

@Keith Thanks, Keith! :) You totally should; I'd love to see what you'd take.

@Forcep No flash! :3 I actually have a light box set up for photography and a small lamp with a bright halogen bulb and the ability to aim the light. It's something I use when take photos of items or insects anyway. It just happens to make for great gecko photos as well!

@Acro I definitely will when I take them! I don't really handle Kirk unless he specifically asks to be picked up, which is rare. I did get a couple photos of his tongue out, but it's blurry! I will try to get a good one where you can see it, though. :)

This is an older photo which isn't macro, but he is licking his nose! ;)https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10574348_10205060118170368_4559435700520049577_n.jpg?oh=dd504cfd8373bb6d040b21fd3f7b019a&oe=55CC2F85

I am a behavioral zoologist, I got the morning geckos because I thought they might be a fun and practical species to work with. Their care is easy (room temperature, reasonable humidity, bugs, fruit and gecko fruit paste), they are social, very vocal and do a lot of things, and their individual variability should be low (since they are more or less all clones). I only have two right now, but one is making her first eggs (you can see a lot about their health just by looking at their skin, everything is pretty visible because the skin is a bit transparent). They are pretty fun, I'm eager to have more. Not sure if I will do any research with them or not, that is something way off in the future. (I would also have to have many more). I've had them for about 6 months but I've only touched them once or twice. They are pretty relaxed but they aren't a species you can pick up easily.