Some pictures of my colonies/roaches

Sleepy Lemur

Very nice, the beetle mimics are cute! And I love the Simandoa so much, hope yours do well for you! :D

image_zpsnufw2eg1.jpeg

Nearly everything has matured now. Expecting babies very soon from oblongonata and laevigata. The javanica have exploded in numbers.

My javanica will not breed! It's getting ridiculous! There aren't any special requirements, are there?

Nice shots of your colonies! Might have to get some E. javanica again someday. Nice species and I definitely miss them.

I'm hoping the male you sent me is doing his work! I've got 5 females and none have produced any babies! I'll definitely share some E. javanica with you if I get nymphs though!

Are oak leaves a requirement? I didn't think they were, but all other conditions are being met.

I can't say. They did reproduce before adding them, though I recieved several gravid females.. I noticed my Elliptorhina Laevigata did not reproduce until I added leaves, though Laevigata seem to be a difficult species for me. Could be worth doing an experiment of some kind!

The Laevigata are such a beautiful species. I hope they'll become more available in the future.

They really are beautiful. For some reason, the females keep aborting Ooths. One female had maybe 6 young, how it's been a long period of monthly aborted Ooths. One female is huge right now, if she successfully gives birth I'm confident I'll keep this culture going.

I've really babied this species, too. I'm careful about every little thing that goes into their enclosure, I only open the lid during feeding/misting so as not to disturb or stress them out in any way... I haven't found the "trick" with them yet, but I'll keep trying.

An adult Eupolyphaga Sinensis male. image_zpsmkce7lon.jpeg

Nice, love this species so much! :D Hope they reproduce well for you!

• 3 weeks later...

image_zps6cloefuj.jpeg

One of 3 adult Dorylaea orini, still waiting on some to mature.

Awesome, glad to see another keeping this species! Hope they do well for you! :)

image_zps6cloefuj.jpeg

One of 3 adult Dorylaea orini, still waiting on some to mature.

Nice! As Hisserdude said, it's cool to see more people keeping these! Hope they do well for you :)

• 3 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:21 PM, Sleepy Lemur said:

Thanks :) yeah, they're A beautiful species, hopefully nymphs are in my future.

Got any nymphs from your D.orini yet? Hope they are doing well for you!

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Lemur said:

Unfortunately I have not. I lost 2 adults a few weeks ago for unknown reasons, so it isn't looking great at this point.

Dang, sorry to hear about the losses.:(

• 3 weeks later...