Loboptera decipiens

Adorable! :wub: These are easy to breed right? I think I have heard of people in Europe using them as feeders.

Seller told me could be a bit challenging because they will die if kept too moist for extended period of time because they have ability to absorb moisture from atmosphere. Fortunately it hasn't happened with mine yet but I'm keeping them on a dry side just in case.

Seller told me could be a bit challenging because they will die if kept too moist for extended period of time because they have ability to absorb moisture from atmosphere. Fortunately it hasn't happened with mine yet but I'm keeping them on a dry side just in case.

Interesting, thanks for the information. I love how many new species are entering the US hobby! :)

• 9 months later...

My initial colony died, but i managed to acquire around ~30 specimens from Wizentrop on Sept. 

I saw several females producing ooths when I got them, but I didn't see any hatchlings for month. 

Well...yesterday I was feeding the roaches and noticed orange babies! Can't wait for more to hatch out!  

• Like 1

That's great, glad to hear they reproduced! Does this species produce a lot of nymphs in each ooth, or is it a pretty small number overall?

Just now, Cariblatta lutea said:

There are around 20 nymphs in the enclosure so it appears that each ooth produce around 20 nymphs. 

Not a bad number then. I'm guessing they produce at least a few ooths then before dying as well. How much were they from Wizentrop? 

8 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Yep. They produce fair number of ooths :)

They were  $14 for a group of 20 individuals

Well shoot, might have to shoot him a message then. Pick up some white Panchlora too while I'm at it :) 

12 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

My initial colony died, but i managed to acquire around ~30 specimens from Wizentrop on Sept. 

I saw several females producing ooths when I got them, but I didn't see any hatchlings for month. 

Well...yesterday I was feeding the roaches and noticed orange babies! Can't wait for more to hatch out!  

Very nice, hope your population explodes with little hatchlings! :D