Favorite Roaches

no hesitation for me: hemithyrsocera histrio. :wub: :wub: :wub:

They are small but so beautiful: the black and yellow adult; the black,white and red nymph.

they are active on day and not shy or affraid. I can see them often in them box.

some of breeders around me have problem to keep them. so it was a challenge for me to have babies. at this time with 10 adults I have more than hundred nymphs. they are 15-21days, they look like ants.

this is not bragging. B) I give my breeding parameters to all who wish breed them. I want that this cockroach conquers the world :D

I can certainly tell they're your favorite by your picture and by your other post! It's an amazing species and one I wish to own one day! It sounds like they would make a great display species too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can certainly tell they're your favorite by your picture and by your other post! It's an amazing species and one I wish to own one day! It sounds like they would make a great display species too.

Are these available anywhere in US hobby yet?

Are these available anywhere in US hobby yet?

A few people are breeding them, but don't have any for sale yet. One guy on here had a few nymphs for sale a few months ago but they sold quickly. So you probably won't find any for sale currently.

It'll probably take a year or two for them to become readily available and then a couple years after that for the price to drop a bit. It'll be exciting times though when that happens!

It'll probably take a year or two for them to become readily available and then a couple years after that for the price to drop a bit. It'll be exciting times though when that happens!

Yeah, it's good to know that they are at least in the USA. I'll place my pre-order now. Hope there's no DLC ;)

Yeah, it's good to know that they are at least in the USA. I'll place my pre-order now. Hope there's no DLC ;)

Let the saving begin! I kind of regret not picking some up from Wlodek when he was first selling them, but I couldn't quite swing the funds at the time. If he were to do it again though...

the conquest began :ph34r:

"look into my eyes", " you are in my power" , " you love H histrio" :lol:

"Ok", "Yes", "I love H.histro!" :D You don't need to hypnotize me, I have been wanting them for years! ;)

Let the saving begin! I kind of regret not picking some up from Wlodek when he was first selling them, but I couldn't quite swing the funds at the time. If he were to do it again though...

Yep, I really wanted to buy them, but I mean, $70 dollars!? I ain't got that kind of money! :P

woww, I ever sold 80 nymphs= in US I'll sell them 560$ . In real life ;) I sell them 1€/ nymph = 1,12$ . total=90$ I suppose that like in europe many breeders don't have babies. We are only two with very much avalaible. My 3 buyers are so affraid about the breeding that they sell 30, 40, 40 nymphs.

If only one US breeder use good conditions, he can very quickly make the happy of all american's breeders interessed. keep hope ;)

$70 doesn't seem bad for such a rare species.

Well it's too much for me! :lol Once more people start keeping them the price will go down, so I'll wait until then! ;)

woww, I ever sold 80 nymphs= in US I'll sell them 560$ . In real life ;) I sell them 1€/ nymph = 1,12$ . total=90$ I suppose that like in europe many breeders don't have babies. We are only two with very much avalaible. My 3 buyers are so affraid about the breeding that they sell 30, 40, 40 nymphs.

If only one US breeder use good conditions, he can very quickly make the happy of all american's breeders interessed. keep hope ;)

$1.12 each sounds like a fair price, if only that was what they sold for here!

I agree, hopefully someone here will get theirs to breed as well as yours are, then they can spread them around the hobby more rapidly!

I sell them at this price because it's a hobby. I don' t want make money, just that the sales covers the cost of my hobby.

I want that a maximum of breeders has a chance to buy theses cockroaches for a fair price .

The cost of shipping for a priority letter ( 3cm heigh max) to US is of 12-15$. If after june, I have avalaible histrio, I'll propose some batches of 10 nymphs on this forum. (Just the shipping cost ).

please: don't contact me before june when I confirm I have avalaible.

I sell them at this price because it's a hobby. I don' t want make money, just that the sales covers the cost of my hobby.

I want that a maximum of breeders has a chance to buy theses cockroaches for a fair price .

The cost of shipping for a priority letter ( 3cm heigh max) to US is of 12-15$. If after june, I have avalaible histrio, I'll propose some batches of 10 nymphs on this forum. (Just the shipping cost ).

please: don't contact me before june when I confirm I have avalaible.

Well I would get those for that price! :D Hopefully I'll have some money saved up in June for some roach purchases! ;)

• 7 months later...

My favorite species of roaches would be Archiblatta hoeveni, Megaloblatta longipennis, or Polyzosteria mitchelli.

I really can't pick a favorite out of those 3 species, they all are really great!

A.hoeveni for the massive size, extremely odd cricket-like body and awesome distress sounds.

M.longipennis also for the sheer size, very large wings, and very prehistoric look.

P.mitchelli for the amazing coloration and fairly large size.

Macropanesthia rhinoceros is my favorite.

Nice pick, can definitely see why you would choose that species.

Just curious, have you ever been able to see any A.hoeveni, M.longipennis, or P.mitchelli in real life?

Megaloblatta yes, the other's no. I don't think I'd like them over Macropanesthia even if they were equally available. I'd love to keep A. hoeveni or P. mitchelli but I don't think they're much neater than some of the Gyna or Eurycotis, just impossible to get.

What are the characteristics of Macropanesthia rhinoceros that makes them your favorite? :)

Thanks in advance! :)