Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! :)

My name is Joshua, I have known about this forum for a while but didn't actually start viewing it that much until a couple weeks ago. It looked really cool, so I decided to join a couple days ago! I have been keeping insects since 2013 when I got my first pet insects, which were 2 female ghost mantids. I had only kept mantids until September of last year when I received a black death feigning beetle, fuzzy darkling beetle,eleodes armatus, and another darkling from Peter. I currently have 4 blue death feigning beetles, 2 black death feigning beetles, a fuzzy darkling beetle, an eleodes armatus, 2 asbolus laevis, 4 unidentified darkling beetles, 2 chrysina gloriosa larvae, some very small mealworm beetle larvae, some wild-caught isopods, 3 large wild-caught beetle larvae(two of which have pupated), 1 adult male wide horn hisser, and 1 Madagascar hisser nymph. But by far my favorite pet insects are roaches! :) I look forward to delving far into the cockroach hobby and keeping many more of these amazing insects! I am excited to grow my collection and am looking into getting some new roaches from Kyle soon!

Glad to join this great community of fellow roach lovers! :),

Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you got there, I used to be quite the darkling beetle fanatic! :) Glad you are diving into the roach hobby, Kyle is a great guy and I would definitely recommend buying some roaches from him. I look forward to reading your posts!

Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you got there, I used to be quite the darkling beetle fanatic! :) Glad you are diving into the roach hobby, Kyle is a great guy and I would definitely recommend buying some roaches from him. I look forward to reading your posts!

Thanks! I look forward to posting when I get some!

By the way you have a really cool blog Hisserdude! :) I really like the polyphaga saussurie, they are what I am probably going to get from Kyle.

I really like the polyphaga saussurie, they are what I am probably going to get from Kyle.

I have made up my mind, I am going to get a starter colony of eurycotis decipiens and maybe some tropical pink springtails from Kyle in the next month or so and I will purchase the gasket container for them!

I'm pretty excited! :)

After that I am planning to get some polyphaga saussurei and substrate from Kyle for my birthday! :)

I have made up my mind, I am going to get a starter colony of eurycotis decipiens and maybe some tropical pink springtails from Kyle in the next month or so and I will purchase the gasket container for them!

I'm pretty excited! :)

After that I am planning to get some polyphaga saussurei and substrate from Kyle for my birthday! :)

Cool, very nice choice! :) Never kept any Eurycotis, but they are on my wish list! (Along with almost every other roach!)

Cool, very nice choice! :) Never kept any Eurycotis, but they are on my wish list! (Along with almost every other roach!)

Thanks! :) When I get those two species they will be my first two colonies I've ever had! I LOL about the wish list! :D All of the Eurycotis sp. roaches are on my wish list along with a lot of the polphagid roaches, African bullets, and some of the nicer species of hissers. Along with many other species as well! :)

Thanks! :) When I get those two species they will be my first two colonies I've ever had! I LOL about the wish list! :D All of the Eurycotis sp. roaches are on my wish list along with a lot of the polphagid roaches, African bullets, and some of the nicer species of hissers. Along with many other species as well! :)

Yep, starting a breeding colony is fun!! :D Lol, it's true though! I love most roaches, the only ones I am not interested in are some of the feeders, just because I need bigger cages for those, and a few species that I don't think are going to do well in my collection. All of those are great picks, I love the Polyphagids! :)

I love pretty much all roaches, the ones I'm not interested in keeping are the small species that can fly( because I really wouldn't want to loose any by accident) and the ovoviviparous ones( not that I don't like the species but because a colony would be a lot harder to manage than the oviparous species where a colony can be easily managed by discarding some of the egg sacks when the colony gets a little overrun.) I still would keep species that are ovoviviparous but only by themselves, or a colony of ones that reproduce very slowly with only a small amount of nymphs for litter, or a colony of very small roaches like the pill bug roaches.

I love pretty much all roaches, the ones I'm not interested in keeping are the small species that can fly( because I really wouldn't want to loose any by accident) and the ovoviviparous ones( not that I don't like the species but because a colony would be a lot harder to manage than the oviparous species where a colony can be easily managed by discarding some of the egg sacks when the colony gets a little overrun.) I still would keep species that are ovoviviparous but only by themselves, or a colony of ones that reproduce very slowly with only a small amount of nymphs for litter, or a colony of very small roaches like the pill bug roaches.

Well get something that eats roaches, you won't have to worry about overpopulation then! :lol: Most roach species don't tend to overpopulate as long as you start out with decent sized containers. It all depends on the species I guess. I actually plan on getting some of the roly poly roaches soon, it seems like they are gonna be a very fun species to have! :)