New member from Los Angeles, CA

NERVOUS

Hello,

I'm new here... And relatively new to the wonderful world of roaches in general.

1. Do you currently raise any roaches? Yes, I currently have colonies of:

- Blaptica Dubia

- Nauphoeta Cinerea

- Panchlora Nivea

2. If so, how many? The B. Dubia and N. Cinerea colonies consist of ~1,000 roaches each. The P. Nivea colony consists of ~150 roaches.

3. Do you culture roaches as pets or feeders? The roaches I keep are used as feeders. Although, my interest in them has grown significantly since I started keeping them... To the point where I consider them pseudo-pets now.

4. If feeders, what kinds? I'm actively feeding from my B. Dubia and N. Cinerea colonies, but the P. Nivea colony is still to small to feed from yet.

5. Are there any specific roach questions that you would like to ask the community? I'd like feedback on my enclosures more than anything else. I'm SUPER paranoid about the risk of infestation... So, I'll be posting a separate thread (with pictures) to solicit feedback.

6. How did you find our community? I stumbled across this community while researching the possibility of any of the species I keep infesting my house.

Welcome, I hope you find all the answers you are looking for here! None of the species you listed have even the slightest chance of infesting your home if they escaped, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Welcome, I hope you find all the answers you are looking for here! None of the species you listed have even the slightest chance of infesting your home if they escaped, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Thanks, that's comforting to hear... I'll be sure to share your post with my wife, who thinks I'm nuts for doing this!

Thanks, that's comforting to hear... I'll be sure to share your post with my wife, who thinks I'm nuts for doing this!

No problem, hopefully it will put your wife's mind at ease. Out of curiosity, what do you own that eats so much roaches you need 3 huge colonies of them? Or are you just interested in the roaches themselves? :D

No problem, hopefully it will put your wife's mind at ease. Out of curiosity, what do you own that eats so much roaches you need 3 huge colonies of them? Or are you just interested in the roaches themselves? :D

Hmm, I have 1 Chameleon... And a very poor understanding of how much food these 3 colonies would eventually produce - Laugh! :unsure:

Well, you may want to get another chameleon, lol! :lol: Honestly though, your containers seem pretty roomy, so overcrowding shouldn't be too much of an issue.