Excessive males hamper breeding?

So my start of E. Javanica is about 26. There appear to be 10 males that I have seen and 2 females molted out thus far. This not for sure as I haven't removed things and did an official count. Will this effect breeding? I know I don't need that many males for fertility. My wife heard a series of loud noises, it was two males fighting and slamming a branch against the glass. By the way hisser fights rule!

So my start of E. Javanica is about 26. There appear to be 10 males that I have seen and 2 females molted out thus far. This not for sure as I haven't removed things and did an official count. Will this effect breeding? I know I don't need that many males for fertility. My wife heard a series of loud noises, it was two males fighting and slamming a branch against the glass. By the way hisser fights rule!

I don't think it would be too much of a problem, though you may want to make sure the females have ample hiding spaces. Yes, hisser fights are pretty cool! :D

Male hissers can be very entertaining when fighting over food, space, mates, etc. Always fun to watch!

• 2 weeks later...

My set up is very detailed and plenty of places for females and young to hide. However, I started off with about 25 adults and the mix was about half n half. My females started aborting their eggs. I witnessed males, yes being cool and fighting, but this will stress the females to no end. I fed off all males, but the strongest 3. I was left with 3 males and about 13 females. My females immediately started giving birth to clutches the very next week and haven't had one female abort her eggs since. My colonies are in a temp controlled room with an ambient humidity level around 70%. Once the colony is bigger say around 100 adults plus then I wouldn't think male female percentages would really matter. Just in these smaller colonies we start with. Just my 2 cents everyone. Once

Thank you for the insight. It does make sense. I have been hesitant to feed them off because im new to the roach hobby. I guess afraid I'll feed off a bunch and then the males would die. But I guess you only need a few males anyway.