Short wing in Nauphoeta?

I just got in a large shipment of N cinerea and all the adults have short wings compared to the pics I have seen on Google. Anyone else seen this?

I just got in a large shipment of N cinerea and all the adults have short wings compared to the pics I have seen on Google. Anyone else seen this?

Can you take and post some pictures?

Uggg, well I better start sexing them. It seems when guys send you adult roaches in with nymphs there is an overwhelming drive to send you males.

The substrate is just a thin layer of coco fiber. I figured a bit would help absorb any odor from the droppings. I haven't hand any mold problems thus far in any of my bins. I keep all the food in jar lids. I think food on the substrate is what lends to molding.

The substrate is just a thin layer of coco fiber. I figured a bit would help absorb any odor from the droppings. I haven't hand any mold problems thus far in any of my bins. I keep all the food in jar lids. I think food on the substrate is what lends to molding.

Yes, substrate itself usually doesn't mold, it's moist food that does. Food gets wet when it comes into contact with moist substrate, which then leads to molding. Food will also sometimes mold if the cage is humid, no matter if it's in a food bowl or not.

I have had good luck with oats and fish flakes not molding. I change it out every other day in my pantanals (humid), and enough to feed my hissers for two days. Anything else molds quickly.

I have had good luck with oats and fish flakes not molding. I change it out every other day in my pantanals (humid), and enough to feed my hissers for two days. Anything else molds quickly.

My dog food molds in two days, so my feeding schedule is every other day. Wish it lasted longer. I guess that's what carrots are for! :)

My hissers are kept dry other than a nightly mist on the back half of the tank, I don't mist the substrate or food. No egg cartons though with the hissers. I am keeping the lobsters dry.

My hissers are kept dry other than a nightly mist on the back half of the tank, I don't mist the substrate or food. No egg cartons though with the hissers. I am keeping the lobsters dry.

Yeah my hisser's food never molds, the cage is much too dry for that. Same goes for my Polyphaga species. There are also no mites in those enclosures, if only all roaches thrived in such dry conditions!