Pseudomops ootheca hatch time

Anyone know how long these take to hatch? It's been at least 4 months since mine started laying ootheca, and they have yet to hatch. I'm afraid my female is laying infertile ootheca, even though she has males to mate with.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

I have started looking into Pseudomops septentrionalis it seems like all the pics of wild ones are taken in april and may. So we know thats when they reach maturity with approximatly a year long life cycle. So figuring out oothica hatching might be possible by takeing a guess as to how fast they mature. So if it takes 6 months from first instar to maturity its possible it takes 6 months before oothica hatch. Alot of pics come from this part of texas so trying to match native conditions might help. Right now the adults expience highs in the 80s 90s and night lows of 60-70s and frequent rains as this is our rainy season. Then 6 months of brutal heat then in the fall theres some random rains before the main rainy season starts in january. Hopefully this helps if nothing else something to ponder before some one with more expience weighs in.

I have started looking into Pseudomops septentrionalis it seems like all the pics of wild ones are taken in april and may. So we know thats when they reach maturity with approximatly a year long life cycle. So figuring out oothica hatching might be possible by takeing a guess as to how fast they mature. So if it takes 6 months from first instar to maturity its possible it takes 6 months before oothica hatch. Alot of pics come from this part of texas so trying to match native conditions might help. Right now the adults expience highs in the 80s 90s and night lows of 60-70s and frequent rains as this is our rainy season. Then 6 months of brutal heat then in the fall theres some random rains before the main rainy season starts in january. Hopefully this helps if nothing else something to ponder before some one with more expience weighs in.

Very interesting, makes sense that they would take a bit in the wild to hatch due to their somewhat harsh environment. Thanks for the info, it is always cool to hear what their native habitat is like! :)

Native habitats are the key its tricky with inverts though cause they can inhabit micro-habitats so field reports are best. About 10 years ago I was breeding sugar gliders and I found out that thier breeding season was at the same time as locus swarms in austrailia so when ever I wanted them to breed I would give them crickets every day for a week worked every time. Now most breeders do it that way. Hopefully I can find more concintrations of pseudomops to get more diverse data.

Native habitats are the key its tricky with inverts though cause they can inhabit micro-habitats so field reports are best. About 10 years ago I was breeding sugar gliders and I found out that thier breeding season was at the same time as locus swarms in austrailia so when ever I wanted them to breed I would give them crickets every day for a week worked every time. Now most breeders do it that way. Hopefully I can find more concintrations of pseudomops to get more diverse data.

Hey Hisserdude, I had some success with these by offering flowers to sit on and feed on, and i supplemented the diet with a product called bee pollen, which is available from Apiarists or health food stores. I got two generations from my colony, before an accidental introduction of Blaberidae "Kenya" resulted in their being out competed.

All the best from Bill. :D