Is it illegal...

So I'm going to Florida in June and I was wondering if it's illegal to bring back dead specimens On the plane? Not just roaches but other insects too.

I don't think it is. Keep them in a hard sided box with your carry on or checked luggage. It's not explicitly disallowed, and because they're already dead you don't have to worry about them perishing during the flight.

What are u getting? just out of curiosity, I collect dead specimens too.

How do you preserve your insects and what's ur favorite kind of insect to preserve. For me I like small beetles and I pin all my insects.

Anything that strikes my fancy really. I have a few spiders in alcohol. and a small parasitic wasp in alcohol. But mainly pinning them is what I like to do. I have some moths and butterflies and grass hoppers and beetles.

Cool! Do you have a reletively big collection? I have a small one because I just started

I just started too. I have a pretty small collection. I build myself a big 3 foot by 3 foot oak case. I only have like 50 or so specimens right now on display, but always looking! :)

Shouldn't be an issue, especially if they aren't pinned. If you're still concerned you can put in a container padded with paper towels or something soft and pack them into the bag that goes under the plane. Glad to see another collector on here too!