Panchlora sp. "White"!

Thanks, me too! :D If they haven't bred for me in a few months I may end up sending them to him, though I believe the only reason I didn't get offspring from my last female was because she was sick or something, she definitely didn't die of old age. These two should be healthy, so as long as I feed them fruit often and keep them moist I should get offspring from them soon! :)

BTW, do you keep rotting logs in with your Panchlora? I've heard they do better with a rotting log in their cage but I don't have access to rotten logs, just little chunks of rotten wood I collected a few years ago. I mixed some into the substrate, not a whole lot though, hoping a log is not a necessity.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the offspring!

I used to have logs in the enclosure, but decided not to use it anymore because it often gets covered with fungi, and my colony do fine without logs anyway.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the offspring!

I used to have logs in the enclosure, but decided not to use it anymore because it often gets covered with fungi, and my colony do fine without logs anyway.

Thanks! :)

That's good to know, hopefully they'll do well without any logs in their cage. :)

I don't think Kyle has the time, send them to me.

Well really I'm hoping I won't have to send them to anyone, but I'll definitely consider sending them to you man, if need be. ;)

I made a little roach motel for my banana roaches out of balsa wood. It lasted for about 2 years before being completely consumed. I think they like wood and cardboard, but I don't think they need it. I wouldn't go too far out of my way for something special. Panchlora seem pretty flexible.

• Like 1

I made a little roach motel for my banana roaches out of balsa wood. It lasted for about 2 years before being completely consumed. I think they like wood and cardboard, but I don't think they need it. I wouldn't go too far out of my way for something special. Panchlora seem pretty flexible.

Thanks for the info, glad that rotten wood is probably not needed. :) Just getting a little paranoid about their care now since my original female died, was probably just a fluke though.

• 1 month later...

Yay! Congrats! :D

Thanks! :) Unfortunately I'm down to one female now, not sure if the one that gave birth is the one that died or not. Either she only gave birth to one litter in her life or none, both of which seem to point to improper care...

Thanks! :) Unfortunately I'm down to one female now, not sure if the one that gave birth is the one that died or not. Either she only gave birth to one litter in her life or none, both of which seem to point to improper care...

Interesting, well hopefully your last female produces some more babies for you, not sure what you would be doing wrong in terms of care.

About how many nymphs are there?

Interesting, well hopefully your last female produces some more babies for you, not sure what you would be doing wrong in terms of care.

About how many nymphs are there?

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too! :) Don't know what I could be doing wrong, perhaps the humidity or ventilation levels aren't to their liking? I keep it pretty humid in there, I don't have that much ventilation in the cage but it's enough so that the top layer of the substrate starts drying out after a couple of days.

I did not count them, I saw maybe half a dozen of them and then quickly fed them and closed the enclosure, as I really didn't want to stress them out. I'm hoping there's quite a few more than that though!

• Like 1

Finally! Hopefully both of us will be able to get this awesome species established in the US hobby!

Yeah, I hope so! Didn't get that many nymphs though, so unless my last female gives birth, the security of my colony is still in jeopardy. :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Here are some pictures I took of the nymphs yesterday, my last adult female died but my dozen or so nymphs seem to be doing OK. :)

PanchloraWhite%25231.JPG

PanchloraWhite%25232.JPG

PanchloraWhite%25233.JPG

PanchloraWhite%25236.JPG

PanchloraWhite%25237.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My nymphs are still doing good, they are growing at slightly staggered rates, which hopefully won't be too much of a problem.

Here are some pics of them, particularly the largest nymph:

PanchloraWhite%252320.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252321.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252322.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252323.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Wow, looks like your biggest nymph might be an instar ahead of mine! Looks like I need to start keeping mine warmer! LOL

Well only two are that big, I still have nymphs that look like they've only molted twice or thrice, as I said they are growing at staggered rates. Perhaps I should keep them warmer, but I'm afraid of dessicating them, and that's the last thing I need lol! 

22 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Well only two are that big, I still have nymphs that look like they've only molted twice or thrice, as I said they are growing at staggered rates. Perhaps I should keep them warmer, but I'm afraid of dessicating them, and that's the last thing I need lol! 

Most of mine are only L3 and L4 and if I remember correctly you got the nymphs later than I did so yours are definitely growing faster! 

24 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Most of mine are only L3 and L4 and if I remember correctly you got the nymphs later than I did so yours are definitely growing faster! 

Well then, that's a good sign, looks like the ambient temperature in their enclosure is OK then. :) Hope yours grow faster too, at least it seems the mysterious die-offs that you expirenced earlier with your nymphs have stopped.

Just wondering, were the ones that died born while being shipped? If so, I think this species is just really sensitive to shipping, as my adults did pretty poorly in my care but the nymphs they produced have had a 100% survival rate, yet your early instar nymphs died off in large numbers, so perhaps shipping stress was to blame for the mysterious deaths of your nymphs and my adults?

On 1/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, Hisserdude said:

Well then, that's a good sign, looks like the ambient temperature in their enclosure is OK then. :) Hope yours grow faster too, at least it seems the mysterious die-offs that you expirenced earlier with your nymphs have stopped.

Just wondering, were the ones that died born while being shipped? If so, I think this species is just really sensitive to shipping, as my adults did pretty poorly in my care but the nymphs they produced have had a 100% survival rate, yet your early instar nymphs died off in large numbers, so perhaps shipping stress was to blame for the mysterious deaths of your nymphs and my adults?

I believe the ones that died were from not just the ones that were born in transit, but also the ones that were born from other females. A lot of them were born with missing antennae so there could've been a problem before they were born. 

14 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I believe the ones that died were from not just the ones that were born in transit, but also the ones that were born from other females. A lot of them were born with missing antennae so there could've been a problem before they were born. 

Interesting, maybe the females were stressed from the shipping and maybe that's what caused the nymphs to come out sickly and missing antenna. Just a theory.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are a few pictures of one of my adult females:

PanchloraWhite%252330.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252331.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252333.JPG

PanchloraWhite%252334.JPG

Hopefully I'll get some offspring from my females, getting this species to breed has been so hard for me! -_-

• Like 1