Mysterious Death Syndrome:

Matt K

Recently, all my nymphs of Panchlora sp.'giant' died almost overnight. Still have many adults, have not done anything different in the slightest in the past many months..... anyone have any thoughts what happened ??

The same thing happened to me. One had a bad moult and then 4 nymphs died. I figured it was probably the humidity. I've been spraying the tank every other day and it seems to be helping. I haven't had any more deaths.

My humidity remains pretty consistant. I have been careful not to let it dry at all for months (one reason to keep live plants) and careful not to overwater for fear of drowning buried nymphs. Gets misted pretty regularly. Good point though. It is easy to get complacent with watering/misting and let something get too dry.

???

My humidity remains pretty consistant. I have been careful not to let it dry at all for months (one reason to keep live plants) and careful not to overwater for fear of drowning buried nymphs. Gets misted pretty regularly. Good point though. It is easy to get complacent with watering/misting and let something get too dry.

???

Do you keep all of the substrate in the cage wet (no dry section)?

Do you keep all of the substrate in the cage wet (no dry section)?

None wet really, but not dry either (like if you go buy a bag of potting soil and open it up kinda moisture level). Except that the right 25% is fairly dry from having the eggcarton leaning on that side of the enclosure so mist/water poured in does not get to that section.

I recently had a massive die-off and had to replace my son's colony.

I'm pretty sure it was due to being careless buying non-organic greens for them. I'm sure they were just loaded up with pesticides. I felt pretty bad about it once I figured it out. :(

However, my greens are all organic. I prefer to eat "clean and green" !!! (Though I have broken down for BBQ or sushi).

? :) ?