Myrmecoblatta sp.

Found some newly hatched nymphs in the enclosure!

Wow, that was quick lol! :D Congrats man, looks like these are easy to care for in captivity!

Thanks :) So far their care has been really easy so hopefully I'll be able to introduce this species to the hobby soon

That's great to hear, definitely would love to get these in my collection one day! :) Keep us updated on them!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wandering why the males of this species looked oddly similar to Compsodes males so I decided to do some digging. Then I ended up finding a diagram of Myrmecoblatta wheeleri and realized I could be wrong about the ID on this species! It seems that I might have Compsodes species instead of Myrmecoblatta. lol

I've been wandering why the males of this species looked oddly similar to Compsodes males so I decided to do some digging. Then I ended up finding a diagram of Myrmecoblatta wheeleri and realized I could be wrong about the ID on this species! It seems that I might have Compsodes species instead of Myrmecoblatta. lol

Really, are Compsodes that small?!? Could it just be because they are closely related, or did the diagram of the Myrmecoblatta wheeleri portray the males as looking way different than Compsodes?

Nevermind, I found that diagram of M.wheeleri, they look nothing like these! So looks like these really are Compsodes, (probably C.schwarzi), which are still really awesome, (and really high up on my wish list)! :) Same with these guys here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Whelp....my colony has grown big so I may start offering them

Well glad they are doing well for you! Would love to pick some up, unfortunately I am on a strict "no new bugs" regime since we are in the process of trying to find a new place, hopefully I'll move to a new place soon with room for more new bugs! :)

2 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Well glad they are doing well for you! Would love to pick some up, unfortunately I am on a strict "no new bugs" regime since we are in the process of trying to find a new place, hopefully I'll move to a new place soon with room for more new bugs! :)

I'm sure they'll still be available by the time you are ready to pick them up because they are going to be quite pricey. lol 

49 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I'm sure they'll still be available by the time you are ready to pick them up because they are going to be quite pricey. lol 

Cool, hopefully they will! :) 

The smaller roaches always seem to be the hardest to get pictures of lol! Glad they are doing well for you, I really hope to get some from you sometime this year, gotta set some money aside for a starter colony! :)

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

The smaller roaches always seem to be the hardest to get pictures of lol! Glad they are doing well for you, I really hope to get some from you sometime this year, gotta set some money aside for a starter colony! :)

Once the weather warms up again i'll be putting these guys up for sale ;)