Sign in to follow this  
Kaia

Online site to buy roaches in Florida?

Thanks! I hadn't found those sites yet. I'll add them to my list. I see they actually have a "Florida Legal" section so that's really useful :)

When it comes to, say, Madagascar hissing roaches I assume it'll be legal to buy them from someone in Florida. either online or local?

When it comes to, say, Madagascar hissing roaches I assume it'll be legal to buy them from someone in Florida. either online or local?

Actually, that's still illegal. Over in FL I'm pretty sure it's illegal to actually own any non native roaches, so even if you buy them from someone in Florida it's still illegal. Still, it's not like the police go door to door looking for people keeping hissers illegally, so you'd probably be able to do so without getting caught, (as a matter of fact, I got my first pet hisser while i was living in Florida).

Still, I'd stay safe and stick to the rules. The only roaches you can legally own in FL are native species and invasive species that have already become naturalized there.

Awww...I didn't realize Florida had such strict roach laws :( That means most of the most fun pet species aren't allowed :(

Yeah, that's the sad thing about Florida, they don't want any more invasive species to get established there so they've put a ban on all non native roaches. :(