Isopod Updates

Hello again fellow roach forum members! :)

Here's a new post with some updates on my isopods.

https://allaboutarthropods.blogspot.com/2016/10/isopod-updates.html

Hope you guys enjoy this small post(Following this post will be a larger and IMO better one!)

Hooray for isopods! My A. maculatum finally gave birth, which is a good thing since my adults have begun dying for some reason. Hoping it's nothing major and they bounce back. Glad to hear all of yours are doing well though!

Hooray for isopods! My A. maculatum finally gave birth, which is a good thing since my adults have begun dying for some reason. Hoping it's nothing major and they bounce back. Glad to hear all of yours are doing well though!

Great that they gave birth, hope it doesn't turn out being anything serious and they don't keep dying. :(

Thanks!

Just added lots more leaves to their enclosure since those were getting pretty low, so we'll see if that serves as encouragement for more breeding and growth :) What kind of set up do you have for yours id you don't mind me asking?

Just added lots more leaves to their enclosure since those were getting pretty low, so we'll see if that serves as encouragement for more breeding and growth :) What kind of set up do you have for yours id you don't mind me asking?

Hope the leaves help. :)

I only have seven young individuals, but I keep them in a medium-sized deli-cup with about half an inch of coconut fiber mixed with small chunks of rotten wood for the substrate with a layer of dead leaves(mostly oak) on top. I keep the substrate moist and have very good ventilation on the lid, I believe that good ventilation is essential for all Armadillidium sp. However if I had a larger amount of them I'd surely have a deeper substrate of maybe 1.5-2 inches.