Sign in to follow this  
Matttoadman

E. javanicas doing well

In Dec. I got 27 mixed E. javanica nymphs. As you can tell, they are doing well. This sheet of bark is one of four and all are covered. The plastic  plants are loaded with nymphs that I have regularly fed to my bearded dragon. I am shocked how fast they grow. 

IMG_2697.JPG

I have been pulling it off a very old, dead southern red oak. It's about an inch thick too. Next to impossible to remove nymphs from between the bark fissures though.

Glad to see a nice colony going! That's a great species too! 

Nice, glad they are doing so well for you! I know some people have difficulty getting these to reproduce in their care, but you are obviously not one of them. :)

• Like 2

On 10/30/2016 at 0:29 AM, Hisserdude said:

Nice, glad they are doing so well for you! I know some people have difficulty getting these to reproduce in their care, but you are obviously not one of them. :)

I've heard that too. Maybe its the southern climate but mine reproduce very well.

Glad to see your colony is exploding, mine is going the same way but there since I brought some heat-cable I have like babies every 2 or 3 weeks while I only started in september with 4adults + 2 nymphs :D I love these one so much they're great and most people not into the hobby like them too