Dubias escaping

Jesus

Awhile ago I got a bigger tub and switched my first old dubia colony to that tub my mistake was getting 4 pieces of mesh screen and put them together with tape, I don't know why but they've been escaping since then (I do not worry because I have A LOT) seems each day 5 to 10 escape now my question is there's no risk of infestation? the other day I did some cleaning and found like 20 nymphs and some adults living under a cage then I found some more inside a cardbox I use as a platform for some plastic bins, I told my family right when it happened showing them lots of roaches so they'd identify them so they won't end up killed it helps a lot they walk slow and they aren't scared of humans like the typical american roach that runs if they see/sense a human. everyday I hear a roach escaping but the reason why I won't fix the screen mesh I'm waiting for days to get warmer because they got humidity inside the bin there's water in one of the sides I don't know why cause I made sure the bin has proper ventilation guess leaving oranges near the egg flats caused the egg flats to get soaked so I need to replace everything when I fix the screen mesh, once I put a single piece they won't longer escape but I kept wondering if they'd infest me btw I'm in the westcoast

• 2 weeks later...

I use a metal mesh and melt it into the plastic with a soldering iron. They can tear through that weaker fiberglass mesh. I wouldn't trust using tape or hot glue to secure it either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...