wizentrop

Panchlora spp. comparison

A lot of people have been asking me about the species of Panchlora in culture, and why I price the white roaches differently than the others. More specifically, people wanted to know about their size difference. I took a photo to show you the sizes of Panchlora "white" and P. "speckled", compared to P. nivea. Please note that my P. nivea come from a wild population, so they might not be P. nivea at all, but their size is identical to P. nivea that is in culture.
These are all unmated females. P. "speckled" is slightly bigger than P. nivea, and Panchlora "white" is even bigger.
You can also see the color difference between the species, but I'll note that the light conditions for photographing them were not ideal. Panchlora are known to be very reflective. Besides the body color, you can also see differences in the color of their antennae.

Pachlora-spp-comparison.jpg

• Like 5

Yup, I posted an ad for them a week ago. Probably one of the rarest roaches in culture right now - apart from my two original colonies, I know of only one other person who is keeping them.