RR questions

I noticed my red runner colony is overcroading and it's been only 1 year but I've been having lots of adults at the top of the container they're not afraid of me anymore they just pop out of nowhere I sometimes have to shake the egg flats to scare them, last year I used to let the lid open while feeding now I cannot longer do that because the adults would most likely escape should I remove a lot of adults? what's the worst scenario of this? some even managed to reach/crawl to the screen mesh then I smack it to get them off them I also tried posting ads online to sell the whole colony cheap but nobody contacted me I started with 500 babies I probably have 2,000+ by now

the other question was can males fly? cause I'm sure I saw some flying in the container but it could've been a moth dunno why but my container has a lot of moths inside

You could try selling some on eBay. They're always in demand as feeders. Are you still interested in selling the whole colony?

And, yes,the males fly... or rather sort of wing-flap-hop. I don't think they can get too far off the ground, but I also kept mine without a lid for quite some time and started finding the males all over the house (not many, but enough to make me wonder). One night I caught one getting out and quickly put a lid on the aquarium. You could also try some Vaseline or bug barrier to keep them contained so you can feed them easily.

6 hours ago, Axolotl said:

You could try selling some on eBay. They're always in demand as feeders. Are you still interested in selling the whole colony?

And, yes,the males fly... or rather sort of wing-flap-hop. I don't think they can get too far off the ground, but I also kept mine without a lid for quite some time and started finding the males all over the house (not many, but enough to make me wonder). One night I caught one getting out and quickly put a lid on the aquarium. You could also try some Vaseline or bug barrier to keep them contained so you can feed them easily.

I tried 9 years ago to buy something off ebay and it required me to have a bank account or credit card in the end I couldn't buy what I wanted, I'm not sure how I'd sell on ebay never done it in my life in fact I never mailed anything other than envelopes with a stamp if it was easy I'd do it, the reason I wanted to sell the colony cause I was going on a trip for awhile but I'm not going anymore regardless I haven't gotten any new animals and 2 of my reptiles died so I'm having the overcrowding problem mine are kept in a 40 gallon sterelite bin