Sign in to follow this  
Kevinswither

Hisser colony

I am considering doing a pure clean hisser roach colony or the largest hissing roach colony (as I have red runners and bananas). Would they make good feeders (for like large animals)? 20 quart plastic tub will be used. 

The nymphs make a good feeders but i doubt adults would be the best of feeders for anything outside of monitors, tegus, or other large strong jawed animals. I've feed nymphs up to 1.5 - 2 inch to my T's before with no problems. Not sure how long 20qt will work mine started out in a 20 qt and are in an 80 qt now. What are you planing on using them to feed?

38 minutes ago, Randomjoe said:

The nymphs make a good feeders but i doubt adults would be the best of feeders for anything outside of monitors, tegus, or other large strong jawed animals. I've feed nymphs up to 1.5 - 2 inch to my T's before with no problems. Not sure how long 20qt will work mine started out in a 20 qt and are in an 80 qt now. What are you planing on using them to feed?

Nymphs. I'm feeding hisser nymphs to tarantulas, large mantises, centipedes, scorpions, geckos maybe....

Adult male hissers will work for some adult assassin bugs as prey BTW... :)

I've been feeding all my t's from a colony of oblongata's but only my enormous adults will take on a full sized one. My t. Stirmi female loves them and my a. Gents and LP never ask twice no matter what I throw in there.