Creating an edible ecosystem.

Matttoadman

So my West African Rubber Frogs have proven hard to feed. When they hop into the feeding dish, the tiny dubia play dead. Because I keep all six of them in a 40 gallon long, I have had to add isopods to help combat fungus gnats. This was a good idea because they seem to be hunting the babies. What else can I add to live in the vivarium that would provide them with more small feeders? Springtails? I added some small species of millipedes but I doubt they will eat those. I have been wondering if little Kenyans could live in there without overrunning? Earwigs maybe?

Try adding Sinella curviseta springtails maybe? Maybe a tiny, fast breeding roach species that doesn't burrow like Compsodes schwarzi may work? I think your frogs would love them, but I'm not sure if the roaches would breed fast enough to not be wiped out. 

I'd put little Kenyan roaches, and jungle micropods in there I bet they would eat both species and maybe some dwarf whites 

Isopods should work. 

Also, I don't know how large your frogs are, but look into flightless fruit flies. They're dumb and keep moving around frogs. 

Springtails and small burrowing roaches should work. If overpopulation becomes an issue, try turning over a patch of dirt into a saucer to expose roaches for eating. 

• Like 1