Lamproblatta albipalpus

Xenoblatta

Hello friends!

sharing with you some pictures of my Lamproblatta albipalpus colony. I have to say that is one of the most prolific species I've ever kept :-)  

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0013_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0012_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0008_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0007_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0004_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0002_Xenoblatta

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0001_Xenoblatta

(Note: It's better to not incubate ooths over kitchen paper; they may mold and is not healthy ;))

Lamproblatta_cf._albipalpus_0000_Xenoblatta

• Like 2

Very nice! These were in the US hobby for a little bit, but quickly fizzled out... :/ Glad they are breeding well for you, I love the shape of their oothecae! :D

1 minute ago, Hisserdude said:

Very nice! These were in the US hobby for a little bit, but quickly fizzled out... :/ Glad they are breeding well for you, I love the shape of their oothecae! :D

They have very interesting ootheca, the girls use to make a very good job covering them with substrate to let them just in the soil or attached to similar surfaces. Sometimes they are really invisible :lol:

....And, is not anybody breeding them in US? I mean, maybe not commercially but probably there are someone with a personal culture? :mellow: 

1 hour ago, Xenoblatta said:

They have very interesting ootheca, the girls use to make a very good job covering them with substrate to let them just in the soil or attached to similar surfaces. Sometimes they are really invisible :lol:

....And, is not anybody breeding them in US? I mean, maybe not commercially but probably there are someone with a personal culture? :mellow: 

They almost remind me of the oothecae of Megaloblatta or Nyctibora. :) Haha yeah Blattids seem to really camouflage their oothecae the best they can!

I only know of two, maybe three breeders in the US who were culturing this species, but as far as I know, they all lost their colonies. :( I'm not sure why they failed at breeding them, I think one breeder had trouble getting the oothecae to hatch, but that's all I know. It's possible for someone to be breeding them secretly I suppose, but I doubt it.

11 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

They almost remind me of the oothecae of Megaloblatta or Nyctibora. :) Haha yeah Blattids seem to really camouflage their oothecae the best they can!

I only know of two, maybe three breeders in the US who were culturing this species, but as far as I know, they all lost their colonies. :( I'm not sure why they failed at breeding them, I think one breeder had trouble getting the oothecae to hatch, but that's all I know. It's possible for someone to be breeding them secretly I suppose, but I doubt it.

Yes... they are like tiny versions of Megaloblatta oothecae :-D 

Well... It's a pity, mine reproduce like crazy at temperatures of 25°C—31°C and a slightly moist substrate :-). Actually I... I use them as feeders :unsure: 

I've started reproducing some other species of Lamproblatta, I have 6 species at the moment, including some big ones of the gorgonis group... I'll be uploading pictures as soon as possible :-D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xenoblatta said:

Yes... they are like tiny versions of Megaloblatta oothecae :-D 

Well... It's a pity, mine reproduce like crazy at temperatures of 25°C—31°C and a slightly moist substrate :-). Actually I... I use them as feeders :unsure: 

I've started reproducing some other species of Lamproblatta, I have 6 species at the moment, including some big ones of the gorgonis group... I'll be uploading pictures as soon as possible :-D 

Hopefully one day they'll find their way into the US hobby again, they are really neat looking! And there's no shame in using them as feeders, they seem pretty prolific after all! :lol:

Nice, can't wait to see pictures of them! :D