Hello! It's me again!

every now and then my hissers lift their abdomens up and lower them, repeating it for a while before stopping and not doing it again. Theres no specific cycle but every couple of days one of the four will do it (they arent housed together btw) and I have no clue what's happening.

Are they pooping? Are they trying to molt (probably not because two already did)? They cant see eachother and dont come in contact with eachother so I don't think theyre trying to fight anything. Its very strange to watch their little cockroach push ups.

Info: each roach is a male gromphadorhina portentosa and housed seperately. they all have enclosures around 75°F and their humidity is 50%. I mist them twice a day but I think Im just going to keep a dry enclosure since they eat most of their fresh fruits and Im assuming theyre drinking from those.

• 2 weeks later...

No cause to worry. It's a male breeding/territory thing. I'm not entirely sure what they are doing ... Maybe sending out pheromones/chemical cues that they are ready to breed? I've seen males doing this both in colonies and when kept solo. It's hilarious to watch. They do look like they're doing push ups! Just part of their charm.