You do not happen to live near a nuclear facility? 

In any case, this one looks indeed weird. Do you have many of these kind of patterns in your population?

• Like 1

If you have multiples like this separate them and start a breeding project, I've never seen color variance in them before so that's pretty neat. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 8:33 AM, stanislas said:

You do not happen to live near a nuclear facility? 

In any case, this one looks indeed weird. Do you have many of these kind of patterns in your population?

I don’t happen to live near a nuclear facility lol! There is one other adult with a slightly unusual pattern, but not this unusual!

On 2/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, vfox said:

If you have multiples like this separate them and start a breeding project, I've never seen color variance in them before so that's pretty neat. 

I have yet to get a female like this to pair him with! It would be interesting to see how the babies turn out. 

It's a fairly common color mutation in this species and in T.olegrandjeani, and it does seem that it can be passed down to the offspring. Isolating the morph completely will take a long time though, seeing as the nymphs take a whole year or two to mature...

19 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

It's a fairly common color mutation in this species and in T.olegrandjeani, and it does seem that it can be passed down to the offspring. Isolating the morph completely will take a long time though, seeing as the nymphs take a whole year or two to mature...

Interesting! I don't have any adult females at all currently anyway, so I guess I won't be able to anyway!

20 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Ah, but remember @Cariblatta lutea's dog food method that can get nymphs of at least T.olegrandjeani to adulthood in 6 months? ;)

• Like 1

I need to know of this method. Lol

2 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Raise them strictly on dog food at 85F ;)

I have about 15 medium nymphs so I'll give it a shot. Lol. What do you do for hydration? 

22 hours ago, All About Insects said:

Ah, but remember @Cariblatta lutea's dog food method that can get nymphs of at least T.olegrandjeani to adulthood in 6 months? ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that lol! 

18 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Raise them strictly on dog food at 85F ;)

Now when you say strictly dog food, do you mean dead leaves shouldn't be offered at all? 

15 hours ago, vfox said:

I have about 15 medium nymphs so I'll give it a shot. Lol. What do you do for hydration? 

I keep the substrate slightly moist but with ventilation so they get all the moisture from surroundings 

23 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that lol! 

Now when you say strictly dog food, do you mean dead leaves shouldn't be offered at all? 

leaves are optional but I eventually quit giving leaves to them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I keep the substrate slightly moist but with ventilation so they get all the moisture from surroundings 

leaves are optional but I eventually quit giving leaves to them

Good to know, I'll be trying this with mine then! Got lots of new hatchlings in my enclosure now, I got around 175+ ooths from my last generation, and they are starting to hatch it seems! :)

On 3/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, Hisserdude said:

Good to know, I'll be trying this with mine then! Got lots of new hatchlings in my enclosure now, I got around 175+ ooths from my last generation, and they are starting to hatch it seems! :)

Forgot to mention that I also gave fruits occasionally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Forgot to mention that I also gave fruits occasionally. 

Good to know! I've offered mine fruits now and then, they never show much interest in it though.