Megaloblatta longipenis — Breeding Project

To paraphrase Jurassic Park, you did it. You crazy son of a bitch actually did it.

My day has been pretty crappy since one of my rhinos died, but at least this is some fantastic news. I hope these make it to the states someday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Any updates with this @Xenoblatta? Or does anyone know what happened with the project?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

I've asked him in PMs, and sadly, I believe his nymphs died only weeks after hatching, perhaps due to their oothecae being surgically opened up for them rather than it hatching in a more natural manner, the nymphs could have been just a little too underdeveloped or something... 

On 4/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, Hisserdude said:

I've asked him in PMs, and sadly, I believe his nymphs died only weeks after hatching, perhaps due to their oothecae being surgically opened up for them rather than it hatching in a more natural manner, the nymphs could have been just a little too underdeveloped or something... 

That's too bad. These large species are certainly being a pain to get established in captivity.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

That's too bad. These large species are certainly being a pain to get established in captivity.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Yeah, Ectobiids in general are usually a pain to get well established in the hobby, especially the Nyctiborinae, since we don't know how the heck to hatch their oothecae yet...