Arthroverts

Parcoblatta americana care?

Hello all, I just caught a male-female pair of mature (looks like their mature anyway) Parcoblatta americana, and since I would like to breed this species, does anybody know about their general care? Housing? Feeding? Breeding? Looking forward to learning from the community!

Thanks in advance,

Arthroverts

Winged roaches only get wings at adulthood

Since the adult female has small useless wings and the adult male can fly, identifying whether you have any adult males is easy. 

Females do look like juveniles though. If you post a pic, someone here may be able to help.

I have Parcoblatta divisa and i keep then in a sterolite gasket bin with eco earth substrate, a piece of cork bark, and lots of dead maple and pecan leaves. I would think this would work for your 2 P. americana also. Besides the leaves i occasionally put a small piece of carrot or orange in there for them to eat.

Thanks @Randomjoe, I have set up a cage similar to what you described, with oak leaves from where I found them. Unfortunately, the male died, and the female ate most of his abdomen. I am not sure if it was cannibalism or not. By the way, how often do they need water, based on what you know about P. divisa? 

Thanks for all your help!

Arthroverts