Boomie

Dubia roach blisters?

We breed in a high volume environment with proper conditions and food. We are whole sale distributors of roaches. Over time we have started to notice more nymphs with a small blisters forming over their pronotums. It hasn't been a problem yet but we discovered one with a more intense case of blistering. Looking for a fix and or cause. First idea at the moment is to bring in new stock to freshen the gene pool. 2ccw6lc.jpg15r13jl.jpg2istfgj.jpg

Definitely looks like a molt problem to me. Could you take a picture of the container? Also what is the food you are feeding? 

10 hours ago, Psydeus565 said:

Definitely looks like a molt problem to me. Could you take a picture of the container? Also what is the food you are feeding? 

They're in large IKEA tubs. They are fed a mix of chicken starter feed and ground dog food. Water bytes are always present. Temperature is always 84-86 with 40-80 percent humidity. 

In beetles, deformity during molts can be caused by improper living conditions. I have seen an adult Zophobas emerge with a "water-balloon" wing very similar to the blisters

Are there vegetables and fruits?

You may also wish to consult roachcrossing.com Care Guides to diagnose the issue; the fellow is a seasoned expert

Good luck

The possible genetic issue from previous traumas. I would recommend to get rid off all cockroaches which had this issue.