Anyone keep giant bananas?

The normal banana is Panchlora nivea; the giant is a completely different species (currently unidentified; bug taxonomy is quite messy)

All winged insects are adults and cannot grow (mayflies are a major exception; they have a strange winged subadult too)

I suspect the seller was sloppy and mixed in some normal bananas with the giants

• Thanks 1

If I recall, its the females that are larger , the males appear to be normal sized.  I thought the same thing when I started with them.  My small colony I started around 6 months ago, I regularly think they are all dead, then they keep showing up.  Not a comfort roach.  At least not yet.  Several times had a spastic one hyperspeed out of the jar, jump into a lid, run up my arm, jump again, catch it, lose again, @#$$%, catch, and throw back in , whew! stressful.  

1 hour ago, Marlon said:

If I recall, its the females that are larger , the males appear to be normal sized.

Giant Panchlora males are indeed smaller than females, according to Orin (user Allpet Roaches).

In Invertebrates for Exhibition, Orin writes that the giant species is twice as large as nivea; giant females = 27mm, giant males = 18mm

Great... I must have been throwing males into my regular banana colony. Should I be worrying?

These guys are a little difficult to handle as mentioned, but my chameleons go nuts for them. I liked the idea of having the giants because the small ones are so tiny. Even the giants are small for chameleons, but they add great variety and I let some of them live in the cham enclosures as part of the bio crew.