Sign in to follow this  
snellos

How often do you feed?

I would ideally feed 2-3 times a week, but I have only been able to feed once a week lately.

I have 3 large roach colonies (one spread across 3 boxes), which I feed dry food (mostly porridge oats, sometimes dry cat food) every couple of days, and fruit/veg once a week.

I used to feed them fruit and veg more often but with the number of insects I now have (stick insects as well as roaches) and working full time as well, I simply don't have the time to feed them all as often as I used to! 😁

I am actively trying to reduce the numbers of my roaches (giving them away/selling them in bulk to dealers) and when the numbers are a bit more reasonable I hope I won't feel so bad about only feeding them fruit and veg once a week!

I do all maintenance once a week, feed, water, give fruits and veggies, hasn't slowed down a single one of my colonies. Most food is gone in a day or two, as long as they have access to some sort of moisture they are fine and in the wild they are t gonna be eating a lot of protein or even a lot of fruit for that matter every single day.