Was kinda dumb- are these A. tesselata or B. cranifer?

Edit: I guess I don't have much of a way to tell them apart. I've put the adult female of each species in their own little enclosures, set inside the main enclosure to keep the temp stable. An inch of coco fiber, some oak leaves to chew and hide under, all inside half a plastic gallon jug. They can't escape, and any babies they have will be contained, but they have space and food and shelter. 

When I start having multiple ones mature, I'll set up separate enclosures to put the adults into. For now, I guess I just have a bin of assorted nymphs. 

Awhile ago, I saw that my local pet store had some death's head roaches. I went "sweet! I like those" and got a couple, and put them in my peppered roach enclosure. I didn't think they'd bother each other or anything.

I forgot about how similar the nymphs are. 

Now I have no clue how many I have of either species. 

Which species are these? (I know the adult is a death's head)

tumblr_messaging_pptapqFuLG1ta7lai_1280.jpg

And I assume it's pointless trying to tell on these.

tumblr_messaging_pptapzLEHc1ta7lai_1280.jpg

Oh, and my cats would like to make it known that the sound of roughly 25 large cockroach nymphs scrambling around in half of a gallon jug is very interesting. I had to stop them from putting their little kitty feet in there and poking the roaches.

I knew they couldn't hybridize, I just forgot how similar they were going to look as babies. 

Is either species capable of giving birth with no male present? I have an adult female of each species, but no males. Those little ones are clearly a pretty fresh batch, so is it just one species that can retain sperm, or both? 

And another question: I know that mixed-species enclosures usually end up with one species outcompeting the other. That's going to take awhile, though, right? They're in an enclosure that's about 4 square feet, and I've had no trouble keeping them all fed thus far. Is there any reason I shouldn't just put them back together for awhile, and start pulling out individual adults when they show up? 

2 minutes ago, Betta132 said:

I knew they couldn't hybridize, I just forgot how similar they were going to look as babies. 

Is either species capable of giving birth with no male present? I have an adult female of each species, but no males. Those little ones are clearly a pretty fresh batch, so is it just one species that can retain sperm, or both? 

And another question: I know that mixed-species enclosures usually end up with one species outcompeting the other. That's going to take awhile, though, right? They're in an enclosure that's about 4 square feet, and I've had no trouble keeping them all fed thus far. Is there any reason I shouldn't just put them back together for awhile, and start pulling out individual adults when they show up? 

Nah, neither seem to be capable of parthenogenesis, but all female roaches seem to be capable of retaining sperm, in fact many only need to mate once in their life...

Yeah it'd take a while for those species to outcompete each other, so I'd just keep all the nymphs together, and pull out adults as they mature and put them in their proper enclosures... 

• 3 weeks later...