I enjoy Simandoa Conserfariam primarily for their backstory, but also the adults are really pretty! I'd also suggest maybe glowspot roaches, they're on my list to get because they look really cool and are easy to handle.

I like A. tesselata and B. craniifer. Both are fairly roach-shaped, but neat. 

If you want something a little more unusual, maybe horseshoe crab roaches? Can't remember their name at the moment, but they look like trilobites. Heck- you could do horseshoe crabs and something else in the same enclosure. They mostly burrow, so they can be mixed with something that mostly climbs.

I recommend simandoa as well, bit more work, but definitely worth keeping. Same as betta said with tesselata and craniifer, very nice large species. Also recommend therea species, or domino and question mark roaches. Also like Auz recommended glowspots are a fun species to keep. I enjoy watching them during feedings! 

Therea olegrandjeani is a nice beginner species, very cute and a nice step up in difficulty from hissers, (but not difficult by any means). Polyphaga saussurei is another favorite of mine, pretty simple to care for and cute, albeit a bit pricey. 

Oh, yes, Therea! The downside is they spend a lot of time underground as nymphs, and the adults are short-lived, but they're extremely easy to care for. Just give them a deep substrate with lots of hardwood leaves involved. You don't even really need to feed them until they hit adulthood, though the occasional veggie doesn't go amiss. 

10 hours ago, Betta132 said:

You don't even really need to feed them until they hit adulthood, though the occasional veggie doesn't go amiss. 

Actually it appears that a protein based food like dog food is even more important to their diet than decaying leaves, and they certainly grow faster with it in their diet... Heck according to @Cariblatta lutea dead leaves may not even be neccesary in their diet! So I definitely wouldn't say you can chuck them in with some dead leaves and expect them to survive or grow well with little to no supplemental foods... 

9 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Actually it appears that a protein based food like dog food is even more important to their diet than decaying leaves, and they certainly grow faster with it in their diet... Heck according to @Cariblatta lutea dead leaves may not even be neccesary in their diet! So I definitely wouldn't say you can chuck them in with some dead leaves and expect them to survive or grow well with little to no supplemental foods... 

From what I've seen, it's likely more important to other Corydiids as well and my P.saussurei have basically survived and reproduced solely on it since my leaves seem to have not been at an appropriate level of decay.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, All About Arthropods said:

From what I've seen, it's likely more important to other Corydiids as well and my P.saussurei have basically survived and reproduced solely on it since my leaves seem to have not been at an appropriate level of decay.

Yeah, definitely doesn't hurt to add leaves, as they may need at least a small amount in their diets, but all of my Corydiids' favorite foods have been dog food/chick feed.

• Like 1

I recommend Blaberus giganteus. They're about 3.5"-4" long. Very impressive species, and they hang out on vertical bark so they make a great display species. Also one of the only species that readily accepts meat as they evolved to clean up guano and dead bats. I give mine canned cat füd, cooked chicken or raw hamburger once a month and they go insane.