Current best names for Panchlora "Giant" and Rhyparobia "Malaysia"

As the title states, I'm wondering about the current best names for two species. I've seen each listed several ways. Which is most correct -- or do we have full species names now for either one?

Giant Green Banana Roaches: Panchlora sp. "Giant" or Panchlora exoleta or Panchlora cf. exoleta?

Gold Medal Roaches: Rhyparobia sp. "Malaysia" or Rhyparobia sp. "Gold Medal" or Rhyparobia cf. capelloi?

Thanks for helping me make sense of this!

No one has properly ID'd the giant Panchlora yet, and since we have no specific collection data on them, an ID is pretty unlikely unfortunately... So it'd be best to keep calling them sp. "Giant".

The Rhyparobia sp. is a bit more of a mystery to me, apparently they hybridize easily with maderae, so some believe they are simply a different color form of that species, while others insist they are capelloi or something similar... I'd just keep calling them sp. "Gold Medal" or "Gold", until more research is done. 

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep it simple and go by the names you suggested. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:21 AM, Axolotl said:

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep it simple and go by the names you suggested. 

No problem, happy to help! :)