I'm back! (on a trial basis...)

Hisserdude

Welcome back! Glad to hear your stress/anxiety is doing better. I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, I can sort of understand where you’re coming from. If it does start to get bad again just take a step back and try again when/if you’re ready. So glad to hear you’re back in the hobby!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dubia4Life said:

Welcome back! Glad to hear your stress/anxiety is doing better. I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, I can sort of understand where you’re coming from. If it does start to get bad again just take a step back and try again when/if you’re ready. So glad to hear you’re back in the hobby!

Thanks! Yeah it's definitely tough to not be in total control of your mind at times, worrying over the silliest little things, but I've been trying hard to better deal with my anxiety, and feel like I've made a little progress at least! :D Thanks, me too!

I used to suffer from anxiety, was terrible, had it for several years.  I say I "used to suffer from" it, but you actually never get rid of it, you just learn to manage it.  I've done amazing and I continue to do better.  You will too!  

Just keep getting up if you fall and stay positive!  :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acro said:

I used to suffer from anxiety, was terrible, had it for several years.  I say I "used to suffer from" it, but you actually never get rid of it, you just learn to manage it.  I've done amazing and I continue to do better.  You will too!  

Just keep getting up if you fall and stay positive!  :D

Yeah, I mean anxiety is a completely natural reaction the body has to certain scenarios, it's just that some of us react in that way to every little thing, which of course makes you miserable... So yeah I'm working on managing it to the point that I can function normally again LOL, and I've made some progress so far. :)

Thanks, same to you! :D I'll be trying some deep breathing exercises this week, we'll see how that goes!

18 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

. . . it's just that some of us react in that way to every little thing, which of course makes you miserable... 

I'll be trying some deep breathing exercises this week, we'll see how that goes!

Been there, done that.  Little things would seem so overwhelming.  I know all about it.

A therapist can give some real good techniques.  But you have to find one you like.  If you want to talk more about it, send me a PM.  :D

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Acro said:

Been there, done that.  Little things would seem so overwhelming.  I know all about it.

A therapist can give some real good techniques.  But you have to find one you like.  If you want to talk more about it, send me a PM.  :D

Yeah, I've thought about therapy, and may have to get a therapist as a last resort, but seeing as my family's in a tight spot financially, I'm gonna try everything I can to deal with it myself first! And thanks, if I find myself needing to vent, I'll hit you up! 😅

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, TheIvory said:

Do you still have the New African specie ?

The Bantua sp. "Namibia"? Yes I do, and they're doing pretty well for me! 😁

11 hours ago, TheIvory said:

Do you have any for sale ?

Nope, not yet, and honestly I've got quite a waiting list, so it'll probably be a while... I'm hoping to have another big wave of babies in a couple months.