Trouble telling giant green banana roaches from regular

So I bought these a while back, I could definitely tell what I think were the giant females. They were noticeably larger. I'm not sure if the others are males, or regular banana roaches. Im also unsure if they can hybridize if they happen to be mixed together... I'd really like to get a steady colony of giants going, but I haven't seen any of the really large(relatively speaking) ones in a long time. Mainly just nymphs. I recently put them in a new bin without isopods stressing them out so hopefully that helps with the breeding.

Female giant greenies measure 1" or more. If your females are smaller, you likely have the standard size. Not sure if they hybridize.... 

• Thanks 1

Regular males are only about 1/2" long. Large males are about the same size as normal females. I had thought of getting you a picture, but no way are they gonna hold still for that! If you got them from a reputable source, they're likely all the same species/size. When I started up my colonies, there were periods of few adults. They don't live that long as adults. As long as you have nymphs, you should see a bloom of adults in the near future. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for replying. I've been in the middle of a move, meant to respond sooner.

I got mine from Cape cod roaches. There were definitely some giants, they were much bigger and noticeably acted different(liked to fly). They died, but there are still a lot of nymphs. I've found some adults, but they were tiny, looking like regulars. Haven't seen any large adults since. I've had them for probably 8 months or so(can't remember exactly).

I haven't purchased through Cape Cod yet, but the male giants do look very similar to female "normals." It's possible you've only had males emerge... Be sure to shuffle through your substrate. Often mine hide in the bedding. 

• Thanks 1